"Essentials" - one of those words which are used in nearly every context - "oh, yeah, soy milk is an essential in every fridge." - "do you like this floral macbook case? its an essential for me." - And however, it´s probably really something wich differs a lot from person to person. When I decided that I´m too lazy for an extra suitcase and that it will not be possible to travel from island to island with luggage, I knew that I can not fit everything in my Backpack. A lot, still, but not everything. So I took some time to decide what Essentials are. At least, for me:
1. A Jacket, real leather, big enough to wear it with thick wool but well shaped, so I can wear a dress with it. The weather will be somewhere between 15 and 28 °C - which makes me overthink a lot. I will get summer and early spring, so I prepare myself with some leather.
2. A Skirt/ Bermudas / Dr Denim Jeans, which I will wear on the plane. Bottoms that are made of thin material fit easily in my Backpack - if it gets colder (or my jeans are dirty) I can still wear it with tights.
3. Basic Tees: A white and a striped one - Oversized with a V-Neck - that one is easy! There is no way to say no to a good relaxed basic Tee.
4. Turtle Necks (Heat Tech): You will always look chic as hell in a good tight turtleneck. I took a navy and a white one with me. if its getting colder, I can layer them.
5. A Hoody: clearly for a bit colder evenings, at home, with the leather jacket if its getting too cold or just in the mornings, when I´m out for a walk.
6. One thick Jumper: It was hard not to choose grey or black. But I did. I took the bluest thing in my closet and will wear it with skirts, at night, or on my flight back home.
7. light trainers - for a walk in the city. I have extra shoes for hiking, which are too heavy for the backpack, so I will wear them on the flight.
8. A Bikini. Of course, I mean, 28°C - mine is from Triangl Swimwear and has the perfect fit.
9. My Sunnies. The best shape for me is the Ray Ben Cats.
10. A Tablet - cause no laptop will hold me back.